What would cause my veins to always bulge with tight, red & pounding hands/fingers everytime I get warm or exert myself. I also get short of breath. ?

Dr. Samir Dabbous
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Possibly high BP
Bulging veins don't necessarily mean much unless in the neck area which could indicate heart failure or chronic lung disease.
If you'r having shortness of breath then you need an echocardiogram by a cardiologist to look at your heart performance and rule out heart valve disorder

In brief: Possibly high BP
Dr. Samir Dabbous
Dr. Samir Dabbous
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Consult doc anyway
The red and pounding hands is caused by increased blood flow to the hands due to dilatation of the blood vessels.
Reaction to change in temperature (cold to hot) or some times allergic reactions (histamine response) even to exercise can cause this. If more blood flows into the hands, more blood returns causing prominent veins. If it does not otherwise bother you it is generally not a problem.

In brief: Consult doc anyway
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. Vasudev Ananthram
Dr. John Weeks
In brief: CHF
One possible cause of your symptoms could be congestive heart failure.
When you exert yourself with this condition the heart can't keep up with the demand and you get short of breath. You may notice signs of increased pressure in the veins if the right side of the heart is affected. If you have this problem you need medical treatment for it.

In brief: CHF
Dr. John Weeks
Dr. John Weeks
Dr. Umesh Patel
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology