Can forgetting to take your birth control pill cause you to not get your period when you normally should?

You may be pregnant. I don't know the pill, dosage, day(s?) you forgot, but since they prevent pregnancy if taken as prescribed, you can do the logic. There's a possibility you'll get pregnant if you don't take 'em as prescribed. Missing a period's seen as a first indication/sign of pregnancy. Do a home-test or see your doctor. If you are not pregnant, try to remember to take each pill & consider alternative methods.