Do you recommend that I operate my home water heater at 60°c (140°f)?

Dr. Donald Alves
Emergency Medicine
In brief: If have kids/elders
Small children and seniors cannot tolerate high temperature hot water contact, even briefly, and may lack the motor or sensory abilities to remove exposed body parts in time to prevent significant burns.
140f increases the required exposure to burn time signficantly. Can also help save gas / electricity.

In brief: If have kids/elders
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Donald Alves
Dr. Denise Reeves
In brief: Depends
If you have small children at home, this temperature could cause accidental scalding or burns.
If only adults live with you, or if you have older children, this is less likely to happen.

In brief: Depends
Dr. Denise Reeves
Dr. Denise Reeves
Dr. William Forsythe