I have tingling and numbness in my right pinky finger and how it seems to be beginning in my shoulder and going down my right arm. ?

Dr. Martin Tamler
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Numbness
To know for sure, you need an examination.
Differential diagnosis could be c8 cervical radiculopathy (pinched nerve in neck), brachial plexopathy, peripheral nerve entrapment such as ulnar neuropathy, or even myofascial pain with trigger points. Would suggest a pm&r evaluation for definitive diagnosis and treatment.

In brief: Numbness
Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Martin Tamler
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
In brief: What R U doing?
What r u doing when this happens? Is there any pain in your neck? Are you leaning on the armrest? Is your head cricked over into one position for a long time? See your doctor with your observations and maybe he/she can hlep you.

In brief: What R U doing?
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Thomas Byrnes
Dr. Michael Jones
In brief: Nerve
The pinky numbness could be an irritated or "pinched" nerve at the elbow or in the forearm (called cubital tunnel syndrome).
However, if it seems to be starting at the shoulder it could be caused by a similar process in the armpit area (brachial plexus) or in the neck. Some vitamin deficiencies can cause nerve related pain (neuropathy). You should see your doctor.

In brief: Nerve
Dr. Michael Jones
Dr. Michael Jones