One dr. Said its a possibility I damaged a nerve. Its hard to walk and stand my legs are in pain. Do damaged nerves heal on their own, should I worry?

Dr. Margarita Correa-Perez
Physical & Rehabilitation Medicine
In brief: Consider EMG & NCS
Emg & ncs can help define if the pain is related to a spinal nerve like radiculopathy, peripheral neuropathy or a focal entrapment.

In brief: Consider EMG & NCS
Dr. Margarita Correa-Perez
Dr. Margarita Correa-Perez
Theresa Yang
General Practice
In brief: See your doctor
Your symptoms do suggest possible nerve damage.
Depending on the cause and extent of nerve injury, the symptoms can be well controlled with medication and lifestyle modifications. It is best to start treatment early for the best outcome, so see your doctor as soon as possible.

In brief: See your doctor
Theresa Yang
Theresa Yang
Answer assisted by Theresa Yang, Medical Student
Theresa Yang
You're welcome. A healthy lifestyle can go a long way! Best of luck.
Dr. Slade Suchecki
In brief: Consider
Consider an evaluation by an osteopathic physician.
Although this may be nerve entrapment. You will need a thorough exam. Osteopathic physicians are trained with additional skills in examination of the musculoskeletal system. Also, besides the usual testing, we can offer manipulative treatment, if appropriate, which could help symptoms and help in looking for the etiology.

In brief: Consider
Dr. Slade Suchecki
Dr. Slade Suchecki