What can I do for my amenorrhea without going to a doctor?

Holly Barth
General Practice
In brief: See your doctor
I know that's not the answer you're looking for, but you need to find the cause of the amenorrhea.
There is a wide range of options and it is in your best interest to find the cause and treat it if necessary. Keep yourself healthy!

In brief: See your doctor
Holly Barth
Holly Barth
Answer assisted by Holly Barth, Medical Student
2 comments
Dr. Marina Maslovaric
Completely true ! You need to find the cause. It is simple at times to take medicine and induce a period but again this doesnt solve the main question - Why is there no period spontaneously?
Dr. Quang Nguyen
If I could double-or-triple-agree this, I would. Great answer.
Dr. Miguel Cano
In brief: Preg test-neck-boobs
Make sure you aren't pregnant first (dollar store test is just as good), check your neck for thyroid swelling (glands on either side of your neck) & check your breasts for any abnormal leaking.
If any of the above are positive, you should really see your doctor. If not, check any medications (ie - birth control). If this doesn't help, please see your doc. You could risk bleeding or cancer.

In brief: Preg test-neck-boobs
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Miguel Cano
Dr. Jane Van Dis