How common are cardiac arrests?

Dr. Barton Cook
Pediatrics - Cardiology
In brief: Too common.
Each year, approximately 300, 000 persons in the United States experience an out-of-hospital cardiac arrest; approximately 92% will die.

In brief: Too common.
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Barton Cook
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care
In brief: Very common
Hundreds of thousands every year in the US.

In brief: Very common
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Carlo Hatem
Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Surgery - Thoracic
In brief: In young patients, very unusual
As I mentioned before, the patient must have organic disease, such as involvement of the coronary arteries, which is unusual for young patients.
The patient should go see a primary care physician, have an electrocardiogram, I Holter test if required, and in the event she is very symptomatic, such as having insomnia in combination with palpitations I will provide m symptomatic medication.

Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Dr. Dimitri Novitzky
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology