Do I have to bring someone along, or can I drive after the slit lamp exam?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: You can drive

But bring sun glasses since your pupils will be dilated and sunlight is very uncomfortable for a few hours.

In brief: You can drive

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology

In brief: Dilation, slitlamp

Usually the dilated eye exam includes looking at the retina several ways, both at the slit lamp and with an indirect ophthalmiscope that the doctor wears like a miners lamp.
If you are not having your pupils dilated, you can drive. Also there is a reversing drop to bring pupils back to normal faster, known as daprirazole, allowing patients to resume normal activities in about 45 min.

In brief: Dilation, slitlamp

Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland