Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my eye redness until I can see a doctor?

Drug store eyedrops. Until you can get examined, you can use over the counter lubricating or tear replacement drops for comfort. Do not use drops that say "get the red out" as these are drying. If you vision is affected or if you have pain, you should make your appointment with an ophthalmologist without delay.