Should I see a specialist a foot laceration, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology
In brief: Regular
Assuming were talking about a small, superficial laceration and that you're generally healthy, your family doctor would be perfect.
If the wound is large or deep or there's evidence of infection, especially if you have diabetes or peripheral arterial disease, the problem is more urgent and specialty consultation may be requested.

In brief: Regular
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Pcp
There is not much a specialist can do extra.

In brief: Pcp
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry
In brief: Depends on the depth
For deep injuries you may want to go to the er. If it is somewhat superficial, you may want to have podiatrist take care of it.

In brief: Depends on the depth
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine