Should I see a specialist a foot laceration, or can my regular doctor take care of it?

Dr. Bennett Werner
Internal Medicine - Cardiology

In brief: Regular

Assuming were talking about a small, superficial laceration and that you're generally healthy, your family doctor would be perfect.
If the wound is large or deep or there's evidence of infection, especially if you have diabetes or peripheral arterial disease, the problem is more urgent and specialty consultation may be requested.

In brief: Regular

Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Bennett Werner
Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Pcp

There is not much a specialist can do extra.

In brief: Pcp

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

In brief: Depends on the depth

For deep injuries you may want to go to the er. If it is somewhat superficial, you may want to have podiatrist take care of it.

In brief: Depends on the depth

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Bret Boyle
Board Certified, Wound care