What is blepharitis and how do I know if I have it?

Dr. Ilan Cohen
Ophthalmology
In brief: Common
Blepharitis is a common condition characterized by inflammation of the eyelid margin.
It can cause redness, tearing, itching and burning of the eyes. Once identified, the condition can be easily managed. Consult your eye doctor if you have any of those symptoms to see whether they are caused by blepharitis.

In brief: Common
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Ilan Cohen
Dr. Beth Friedland
Ophthalmology
In brief: Lid inflammation
Blepharitis is a condition where the lid margin becomes inflamed and irritated.
Many causes, but you know you have it with crusting on the lids, sometimes itchy, and blocked oil glands (meiboimian gland dysfunction).

In brief: Lid inflammation
Dr. Beth Friedland
Dr. Beth Friedland