Will ulcerative colitis stop me from going on my vacation?

Dr. Richard Bensinger
Ophthalmology
In brief: Maybe
I assume that you have had the diagnosis confirmed and are under proper treatment by a GI specialist.
A vacation can be ruined by the constant search for a bathroom. So uc will not stop you if under control, but your GI doctor can recommend the best regimen to minimize discomfort and inconvenience during your vacation.

In brief: Maybe
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. Richard Bensinger
Dr. John Edmison
Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology
In brief: It shouldn't
If you are followed by a gastroenterologist and your disease is in remission then you should have no reservations about going on vacation.
If you're disease is active, then come up with a treatment plan with your gastroenterologist so you can enjoy your vacation as much as possible.

In brief: It shouldn't
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. John Edmison
Dr. Arnon Rubin