Is there anything I can get from the grocery store or drug store for my situational depression until I can see a doctor?

Dr. Neil Liebowitz
In brief: Self help
You need to connect to others.
Talk with family, friends and your minister or priest or help line. Maybe you can see a social worker, therapist or psychologist while waiting for your appt. This will be more useful than anything you get in a store. Your doctor can then evaluate you whether you need medications.

In brief: Self help
You need to connect to others.
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Neil Liebowitz
Dr. Chris Esguerra
In addition, physical exercise has been shown to be helpful in lifting a depression.
Dr. Glenn Archibald
In brief: St. John's wort may
St. John's wort (hypericum perforatum) has bee reported to treat mild to moderate depression.
It can have some drug to drug interaction. Please be aware if you are on any other medicine.

In brief: St. John's wort may
Dr. Glenn Archibald
Dr. Glenn Archibald
Dr. Eric Weisman