Do doctors see a lot of patients with breast fat necrosis?

Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
In brief: No
Fat necrosis in the breast is usually the result of tramatic injury.
This is also self limited. Surgery to the breast(enhancement, reduction, lumpectomy, biopsy, etc) can result in tissue damage that can manifest as fat necrosis - that is usually self limited. In 20 years, I have seen one patient with fat necrosis in the hip/buttock - that was due to impact trauma. I've not seen it in the breast.

In brief: No
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham
Dr. Scott Beard
Obstetrics & Gynecology - Urogynecology
In brief: Rare
My only case was related to a nipple piercing, most likely an infectious origin and not true necrosis though.
Patient lost 2/3 of her breast.

In brief: Rare
Patient lost 2/3 of her breast.
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Scott Beard
Dr. Vicken Poochikian