What can I do for my schizophrenia without going to a doctor?

Dr. Robert Woods

In brief: Doctor Required.

Schizophrenia is a treatable psychiatric condition.
Treatment options include medications, various psychotherapies, and psychosocial interventions. These therapies require coordination by a psychiatrist. Just as you wouldn't try to run an automobile without the assistance of a mechanic, it is important to connect with a doctor familiar with this disorder and one whom you can trust.

In brief: Doctor Required.

Chinelo Ikpeama

In brief: Please see a doctor

It is strongly recommended you see a psychiatrist for your schizophrenia.
Only a psychiatrist can effectively treat your disease.

In brief: Please see a doctor

Answer assisted by Chinelo Ikpeama, Medical Student
Dr. James Fox

In brief: First-go to a doctor

Schizophrenia responds to medication and it is the most powerful treatment we have for this debilitating illness.
There is no reason to delay seeing a psychiatrist. Generally speaking, the longer symptoms go untreated, the more difficult the illness is to treat. Your psychiatrist can talk to you more about self-initiatives to keep you healthy.

In brief: First-go to a doctor

Dr. Carlo Hatem
Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Critical Care

In brief: Going to a doctor

Normally, when untreated, schizophrenia will get worse.
You should see a competent doctor.

In brief: Going to a doctor

You should see a competent doctor.
Dr. Harold Mandel
General Practice

In brief: CCHR

I would encourage you to request advice from the Citizens Commission on Human Rights regarding your condition.
The CCHR was founded by the late Dr Thomas Szasz who was a dissident psychiatrist. The CCHR can be found online at http://www.cchr.org

In brief: CCHR