Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my cholelithiasis?

Gallstone Tests. An ultrasound of the abdomen is usually done to diagnose gallstones after a careful history and physical. This can be done by your primary care doctor. The treatment of gallstone disease, however, requires surgical removal of the gallbladder. For this you need to see a general surgeon.
Cholelitiasis. See your regular doctor and let them get the test and decide if you need a specialist.