What can I do for my vaginitis without going to a doctor?

Dr. Denise Elser
Gynecology

In brief: Can try otc

If you have vaginal irritation or discharge, you can try over the counter (otc) treatments for yeast infection, if they do not take care of the problem in a few days, then see your gyve.

In brief: Can try otc

Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Denise Elser
Dr. Lee Ann Roberts
Gynecology

In brief: You need a diagnosis

Since there are several major types of vaginitis (as well as some noninfectious skin conditions for which the symptoms may mimic vaginitis) it is hard to say without knowing specifically which type you have.
Yeast or monilial vaginitis is the only type for which over-the-counter medication is available, and even then only in vaginal and not oral form.

In brief: You need a diagnosis

Dr. Lee Ann Roberts
Dr. Lee Ann Roberts