I take 10mg Ambien (zolpidem) and 3.5 sublingual ambien (zolpidem). If i can't find my normal ambien (zolpidem), would it be completely wrong to take the sub in proportion to reg amb?

Dr. Pamela Pappas

In brief: Yes, wrong

Intermezzo (sublingual ambien) is formulated for people who fall asleep normally, but wake up in the middle of the night & can't get back to sleep.
It should also be taken only if you have at least 4 hours of sleep time left before getting up. You should only take 1 tablet a night, & not take extra to make up for the 10 mg immediate release tablets that you "can't find.".

In brief: Yes, wrong

Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Pamela Pappas
Dr. Eric Weisman