Hi I have ruptured disc in the lower back l4-s1, lateral recess stenosis, facet authropathy . Please tell me options for the pain is unbearable?

Dr. Steven Beer
Neurosurgery

In brief: Discectomy vs. fusio

The simplest solution is to have the disk removed by a micro discectomy procedure.
If you have a long history of back pain which predominates over leg pain you might consider fusion as an alternative. In my practice patients that have a history of back pain do better with fusion procedures. The priority for you should be reducing your dependence on narcotic medications as clearly outcomes seem to be worse if you're on high doses of those medications pre-surgicall.

In brief: Discectomy vs. fusio

Dr. Eric Weisman