What can I do for my allergic rhinitis without going to a doctor?

Dr. Farhad Sigari
ENT - Head & Neck Surgery

In brief: OTC options

First avoid the things you are allergic to.
Second one can try otc anti-histamine (pharmacist can direct you). Most effective is a saline sinus rinse (also otc). These work great for my patients. Try theabove steps and if they don't help, then an md visit is necessary.

In brief: OTC options

Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Farhad Sigari
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Anithistamines

Over the counter antihistamines such as zyrtec, Allegra and Claritin (loratadine) (in that order for most people) are helpful, as is rinsing the nose with saline, and avoiding the allergens that trigger your symptoms.
The main reason that avoiding the doctor is a bad idea is that if you don't do a good enough job of treating the allergic inflammation, it leads to complications like chronic sinusitis and asthma.

In brief: Anithistamines

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Marsha Davis