My wife thinks I should see someone for my centipede sting. Should i?

Dr. Morris Westfried
Dermatology
In brief: If infected
If it localized itvwill resolve.
If it is warm and swollen it may require antibiotics from doctor.

In brief: If infected
If it localized itvwill resolve.
Dr. Morris Westfried
Dr. Morris Westfried
In brief: That depends
A centipede pinches the skin with hollowed legs that inject venom. This will leave 2 puncture wounds w pain, redness & swelling.
This pain usually resolves within several hours to several days. However, if you experience headache, dizziness, palpitations, nausea, swollen lymph nodes, increased blood pressure or significant tissue damage than you need to obtain medical attention.

In brief: That depends
Wash the wound with water & soap. You can take Tylenol or an NSAID for pain. Antihistamines can be used for itching. Check your tetanus status. If skin in the area is necrotic then you will need wound care. Deaths possibly related to centipede bites in the United States are extremely rare.
Dr. Arnon Rubin