How can I treat yeast infection?

Over the counter med. Vaginal itching and a cottage cheese-like discharge could be signs of a vaginal yeast infection. You can try using over the counter yeast infection medication (like miconazole) if you have these symptoms. If the symptoms persist after this treatment, it should be evaluated by a doctor since it could mean a different diagnosis.