Does it hurt to get an anterior lumbar interbody fusion done?

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Neurosurgery

The procedure is like most abdominal procedures and are pretty tender for several days.
There will be some back aching due to the removal of disk and placement of the graft. These will both get better after time. Your surgeon will manage your pain- it is not unbearable.

Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Larry Armstrong
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: I don understand

If you mean the procedure heart, yes.
If you mean the fusion later on will heart you, the procedure done to re if pain. When you do the fusion, that over load the above in the lumber spine, and also the below fusion level, that will lead to arthritis which cause pain.

In brief: I don understand

If you mean the procedure heart, yes.
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Ahmad M Hadied
Dr. Steven Seres