Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my weight gain?

Docs. I do agree with dr. Daus, but most general physicians have very little training to deal with weight nutrition issues. See your physician. But, if you are not successful;find physcians who have special interest and training in treating weight disorders. You could interview members of the american society of bariatric physicians. Asbp docs who are trained to do targeted assessment of wt problems.
Weight. See your regular doctor and give them the first shot!