I have a rash on my lower legs. It looks like broken capillaries. No itching. I am over weight and take meds for blood pressure and a statin?

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dermatology

In brief: Telangiectasias

Telangiectasias can be seen anywhere on the body.
They are common on the face (nose, cheeks, and chin) and legs (particularly the thighs, just below the knees and the ankles). Telangiectasias are superficial blood vessels in the skin. Treatment is with lasers or sclerotherapy.

In brief: Telangiectasias

Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Michael Fisher
Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dermatology

In brief: Stasis dermatitis

A common condition causing red rashes on the lower legs is stasis dermatitis.
This is usually from leg swelling or edema. Other possible conditions include a vasculitis or petechiae. See a dermatologist to have the rashes evaluated and a work up done.

In brief: Stasis dermatitis

Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dr. Arnon Rubin