What is HIV ab, HIV 1/2, eia with reflexes? I had blood work done. Did they test for antibodies and the virus?

Antibody test HIV. It is a test for the two main types of HIV antibody (ab), types 1 and 2. Eia is the primary test method that is inexpensive, but it occasionally has false positive result, so there is a reflex test (automatic confirmation test) using a more expensive but more trustworthy test (immunoblot) to make very sure that the eia test result really is positive. There is a pcr test to detect HIV itself.