Is there a cure for underactive thyroid?

Although. There are some conditions that cause transient (temporary) low functioning thyroid, and those may reverse on their own (will cure itself)- such sick euthyroid or some phases of thyroiditis. Or rarely in the US, iodine deficiency associated hypothyroidism may be completely reversed with eating iodine supplemented food.
Typically, no. Once the thyroid makes too little thyroid hormone it typically does not regain normal function on its own. Under active thyroid is treated by taking thyroid hormone as a medication so that the amount in the blood becomes normal.
No. Of course, much depends on the underlying cause , but generally, there is no "cure." there is treatment, in the form of supplemental thyroid hormone, called levothyroxine.