Any over-the-counter help for someone with throat pain?

Throat pain. If the painis associated with voice over-use or a simple cold or allergy, a simple remedy is to dissolve a tablespoon of table salt in 8 oz warm water. Gargle with this mixture on an as-needed basis. Using lozenges to keep the throat moist (by increasing salivary flow) works as well.
Yes. If by throat pain, you're referring to a sore throat as one may get in the early stages of a cold, otc analgesics such as aspirin, tylenol, (acetaminophen) advil/ibuprofen or Aleve are helpful. If the throat pain is unusual, for instance with difficulty swallowing or high fever, more serious conditions (eg, epiglottitis) or tumor should be ruled out.