Do laptops emit a harmful type of radiation? Is it comparable to medical testing? If so, what are these harmful effects?

In brief: Not that I know of.

The problem with laptops is heat - just the regular hot air that the cooling fans blow out from the inside.
In men, if the hot air is directed into the lap, it can compromise fertility, as sperm need lower temperature to be functional. Radiation as such was a product of high voltage (50000 volts) in old crt screens; as it never goes over 30 volts or so in laptops, there is no way to make radiation.

In brief: Not that I know of.

Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Anatoly Belilovsky
Dr. Eric Weisman