What can I do for my cellulitis without going to a doctor?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Bariatrics

In brief: Cellulitis?

Cellulitis-infection of the skin of a bacterial origin.
It is usually warm tender, red, expanding region of the body surface; it can be accompanied by a fever, pain. You must see a medical professional, if new&very mild an immediate appt. If unsure-go to the er. This is especially true if you are immune deficient-diabetic, poor circulation, elderly. Blood clots could also be a dx-med emergency.

In brief: Cellulitis?

Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Marci Dietrich
Dr. Gary Steven
Internal Medicine - Allergy & Immunology

In brief: Not a good idea

If what you have is truly cellulitis (a bacterial infection of the skin), it is likely to continue to get worse until you treat it with appropriate antibiotics.

In brief: Not a good idea

Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. Gary Steven
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine