How can I avoid swelling in my hands and feet during pregnancy?

Water, exercise. Swelling in pregnancy is pretty hard to avoid. The increased blood volume and lower blood pressure dilate the distal vessels and they become "leaky". Keeping your blood moving via exercise, drinking lots of water and periodically elevating your hands and feet will help.
Watch your sodium. Usually you should watch your sodium intake and hydrate well because this will help stimulate your kidneys to work better and although it seems paradoxical, often helps to decrease swelling. Kick your feet up and take a load off, as gravity will help the blood return from your legs and decrease swelling. There is going to be some swelling, that is normal, but, if it is concerning, tell your doctor.
You can't. Swelling is normal in pregnancy due to changes in the blood vessels. Almost everyone is going to get some swelling. It is normally worse with warmer and more humid weather. If you're uncomfortable, elevating your hands or feet may help. Soaking in a cool or lukewarm tub or getting in a swimming pool may decrease your swelling temporarily. If you get a sudden increase in swelling, call your doctor.
Several things. Exercise helps maintain muscle tone which can help with swollen feet. Avoid excess salt intake. You can wear stockings. Swimming is one of the best ways to deal with swelling.