What is the best treatment for umbilical hernia?

Surgical repair. The most durable treatment is surgical repair. A hernia is a weakness of the abdominal wall that can cause the intestines or other internal organs to get be abnormally positioned in the area of weakness. Rarely these organs get stuck which can be serious. The best treatment is to surgically remove the organs and reconstruct the area of weakness.
Surgery. Umbilical hernia repair is a very common and usually straightforward surgery. Depending on the size, it can be done open (single incision) or laparoscopically (multiple small incisions and a video camera). If the umbilical hernia is causing you pain, it should be fixed. You can see a general surgeon to discuss this.
Surgery. Especially recommended in little girls, but not before age 2 years. As most umbilical hernias close spontaneously by age two.
Watched vs. surgery . If asymptomatic, nothing. Can leave it alone. Especially if small and not changing over the years. If painful, large or increasing in size better to have surgery and fix it before it gets large. Usually an outpatient surgery with a small cut below your umbilicus. .