I have had a mild headache for a day now. Is it okay to take a panadol (acetaminophen) while I am on oral isotretinoin? I have been on the medication for 10 days.

Dr. Victor Bonuel

In brief: It's OK to take it.

Follow up with your dr if symptoms worsen . Take care!

In brief: It's OK to take it.

Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Victor Bonuel
Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dermatology

In brief: Talk to doctor

You can try the panadol (acetaminophen) for the headache, but if the headache does not improve, you need to let the prescribing doctor know.
One potentially serious side effect of Isotretinoin is pseudotumor cerebri which causes severe headaches by increasing pressure in the brain. This can be diagnosed by an ophthalmologist by looking at the retina in the eye.

In brief: Talk to doctor

Dr. Monib Zirvi
Dr. Monib Zirvi