Will hodgkin's disease kill me?

Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Radiation Oncology
In brief: Its possible
Most hodgkin's disease patients are cured.
It depends on the stage of the disease. Even advanced stages have 70 percent cure rates. The disease is very sensitive to chemotherapy and radiation and therefore cure rates are high. But not 100 percent and some patients do recur and despite aggressive treatment like bone marrow transplant for recurred patients some people do die of the disease.

In brief: Its possible
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Dr. Bahman Daneshfar
Pathology
In brief: Don't neglect it
I'm old enough to have had a classmate in college of whom it was said, "There's talk he may be the first person with advanced Hodgkin's who gets cured.
" He died, but now it's common to have cures even for high-stage disease. Of course, if you have Hodgkin's and neglect the illness or refuse scientific treatment, you will die of Hodgkin's.

In brief: Don't neglect it