Which calcium channel blocker is most effective for severe raynauds, digital ischemia and exercise-induced pulmonary hypertension? I take 7.5 mg amlodipine but now wondering if diltiazem was better.

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Internal Medicine - Nephrology & Dialysis

In brief: Unsure. But

You can always try and see which one works best for you, with the support of you doc.
There are many issues that vary the results among different calcium blockers including different absorption and metabolism from a patient to another. We usually use amlodipine but you can tell better if Diltiazem feels more effective for you. Would discuss with my doc regarding a possible switch trial.

In brief: Unsure. But

Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Tarek Naguib
Dr. Charles Burger
Internal Medicine - Pulmonology

In brief: CCB

Calcium-channel blockers (ccb) used for raynaud's generally are either Nifedipine or amlodipine.
The only CCB adequately studied in pulmonary hypertension (ph) are Nifedipine and Diltiazem but amlodipine is often used for ph. You should discuss your situation with your doctor.

In brief: CCB

Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Charles Burger
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Internal Medicine - Rheumatology

In brief: Nifedipine

Nifedipine in my experience is better but Diltiazem has little or no value for raynauds.

In brief: Nifedipine

Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Ronald Krauser
Dr. Umesh Patel