Can you die from the flu?

Yes, get flu vaccine. Yes, you can die from the flu. I assume when you say flu you mean influenza. There are vaccines to prevent influenza such as the flu shot and the intranasal flu vaccine (flumist). They have been proven to reduce the frequency of death from influenza. I recommend the vaccine for my patients even when they say, "i've gotten the flu shot for the last three years and every year I got really sick! ".
Yes. The flu can rarely be very severe and fatal especially in very young, very old or those with compromised immune function.