Are any special tests needed, or can a regular doctor see me for my Parkinson's disease?

Dr. Yo-El Ju
Neurology

In brief: Neurologist

See a neurologist.
There are several other conditions that can mimic parkinson disease. In any case a neurologist will have the most experience and be most up-to-date in treating pd.

In brief: Neurologist

See a neurologist.
Dr. Yo-El Ju
Dr. Yo-El Ju
Dr. Kevin Daus

In brief: Parkinsons

I would see a neurologist for this condition.

In brief: Parkinsons

Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Kevin Daus
Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Internal Medicine - Geriatrics

In brief: Preferable Neurology

There are some drs that may be confortable making the diagnosis of parkinson's isease.
There is no test to verify the diagnosis. Always is a good idea to verify the diagnosis with the neurologist because there are different type of tremors, rigidity may be caused by other disorders, cog wheel may not be obvious in the beginning , shuffling gate exists in advanced disease.Tx is difficult.

In brief: Preferable Neurology

Dr. Pedro Hernandez
Dr. Pedro Hernandez