Is it ok to use eye drops for dry eyes when your wearing contacts?

Dr. Jay Bradley
Ophthalmology - LASIK Surgery

In brief: Contacts

Yes.
It is ok to use eye drops for dry eye when wearing contact lenses. If you are concerned about it, there are specific drops available over-the-counter specifically made of contact lens patients.

In brief: Contacts

Yes.
Dr. Tod Haller
Ophthalmology

In brief: Be weary!!

Be very careful! most over the counter dry-eye drops are not approved with contact lenses! even some that say 'contact lens' on it are still not approved.
The only ones I am aware of is optive ( plain optive, not optive refresh) and drops that are preservative free. Be careful.

In brief: Be weary!!

Dr. Adam Smith