Used desonide for baby eczema for the last 2 weeks. How long should I take a break before resuming?

Eczema cream. Desonide should be used as needed. Once the rash gets better discontinue its use. If rash comes back on may start using it again. Use hypoallergenic moisturizers so steroid cream is not used excessively. Moisturizer use especially after bathing an infant/child makes the skin healthy and decreases flare ups.
2 weeks. If you have been using desonide twice daily for 2 weeks, you should take a break for at least 2 weeks before resuming. As a rule of thumb, 2 weeks is the maximum number of days in a row to use twice daily topical steroids. If you are using topical steroids only once daily, then you may use them for a month. Use caution on the face and genital regions with topical steroids (can thin skin).