What's a simple, cheap treatment for my cardiomyopathy?

Tejas Ozarkar
General Practice
In brief: Cardiomyopathy
There are several different types of cardiomyopathy - restrictive, dilated, hypertrophic, etc.
These can have different managements, so it's difficult to give you a specific treatment. However, the cheapest way to manage a chronic illness is regular follow up with a doctor - they will be able to follow the disease and help you through it. The most expensive situation is multiple hospitalizations.

In brief: Cardiomyopathy
Tejas Ozarkar
Tejas Ozarkar
Answer assisted by Tejas Ozarkar, Medical Student
Dr. Budi Bahureksa
good answer -- I concur, indeed good outpatient medical program is the way to go!!
Dr. Vasu Brown
Wound care
In brief: PEMF
Pulsed electromagnetic therapy - will help to improve cellular health of heart tissue.
Danger of cardiomyopathy is demand ischemia - work with cardiac rehab department to understand your baseline and how much you can endure.

In brief: PEMF
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Vasu Brown
Dr. Bennett Werner
I disagree. By definition, cardiomyopathy is non-ischemic. Evidence based therapies that reduce symptoms, improve exercise tolerance and improve survival include vasodilators, betablockers, and, in certain subsets, bi-ventricular pacing and/or intracardiac defibrillator. There is no simple treatment but the drugs are cheap. I am not aware of any data supporting pulsed electromagnetic therapy.
Dr. Tonga Nfor
Board Certified, Internal Medicine - Cardiology