I can't seem to get rid of my bv.. I have never had it before but once I got it I can't seem to make it go away.. Could I be immune to the treatment?

Marianne DiNapoli
In brief: Doctor can evaluate
It is possible you have bacterial vaginosis along with a sexually transmitted disease such as chlamydia, which could cause BV recurrences.
You might consider seeing a doctor who can check you for other stds as well.

In brief: Doctor can evaluate
Marianne DiNapoli
Marianne DiNapoli
Answer assisted by Marianne Di Napoli, Medical Student
Dr. Robert Lutz
You may need retreatment, different therapy, or assess what might be continuing you to have the symptoms
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Emergency Medicine
In brief: Need exam to b sure
Occasionally women are prescribed antibiotics without a pelvic exam.
Make sure that proper cultures were done, which requires an internal exam. When cultures are done, resistant strains can be detected. Then, a change in antibiotics may be warranted.

In brief: Need exam to b sure
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Carin Van Gelder
Dr. Walter Kobasa
In brief: Wrong diagnosis
Unless you are sure you have bv, the treatment might not be correct.
First make sure that you truly have BV by wet prep or culture. If you were given the correct medicine it should go away. As an aside I have seen people who wera thong underwear get more frequent reccurrences due to the introduction of rectal bacteria into the vagina.

In brief: Wrong diagnosis
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Walter Kobasa
Dr. Dennis Higginbotham