Can gabapentin be taken with escitalopram, if so what does is suitable to treat ocd, for both medications, thanks?

Dr. Mohammed Younus

In brief: Can be taken

There are no major drug-drug interactions between gabapentine and escitalopram.
Higher dose of escitalopram is needed to treat ocd compared to the dose needed for treatment of depression, but dose is tailored for each individual patient, and is hard to predict. There are no studies showing efficacy of gabapentine for use in ocd.

In brief: Can be taken

Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Mohammed Younus
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Addiction Medicine

In brief: Yes,but see a psychi

Yes Gabapentin can be used with lexapro (escitalopram).
Usually Gabapentin is used for chronic pain syndrome. I do not usually use Lexapro (escitalopram) as my first line of treatment for ocd but it has been approved for ocd.

In brief: Yes,but see a psychi

Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Linda Callaghan
Dr. Eric Weisman