I'm a 64 year old male with mod severe cervical spond. What is the probability of it developing to spondylotic myelopathy? I stretch, massages.

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery

In brief: Depends

Cervical spondylosis is degeneration ("arthritis") of the neck portion of the spine.
If the degeneration narrows the space for the spinal cord, you may develop myelopathy. If the canal remains adequate, you will not. It depends on how large the channel (canal) is to start with. Stretching and massage do not affect this.

In brief: Depends

Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Dr. Thomas Dowling
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine

In brief: Maybe

Sometimes, these severe cases result in an auto fusion and do not really progress any further. If the size of your spinal canal is not compromised, then you would have to live many more years for any further progression and potential compromise as it took you 64 years to get this far!

In brief: Maybe

Dr. Thomas Dowling
Dr. Thomas Dowling