6 months post part um and still have pain in my tail bone area. Worse after exercisewhat should I do?

In brief: Wait it out

You may have a fractured or bruised coccyx.
If there is a fracture, an xray will likely tell you. These symptoms tend to go away over time, but it can take a while. In rare cases orthopedists can treat this pain by resecting (removing) the coccyx, which is usually successful. This is rarely required, however, and this pain will typically improve in time.

In brief: Wait it out

Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Nicholas Fogelson
Dr. Mark Weston
Coccygectomy is occasionally sucessful 50/50 with a high complication rate
Dr. Megan Bird

In brief: Physical therapy

We often send folks to physical therapy for an evaluation and treatment of tailbone pain.
Ask your doctor if you have a pelvic physical therapist in your area. It can be a persistent dislocation of the tailbone which is painful but fixable.

In brief: Physical therapy

Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Megan Bird
Dr. Adam Levy