What type of doctor should be seen to treat frequent muscle cramping by a type 2 diabetic?

Muscle cramping. Muscle cramping is a common complaint, and should first be evaluated by your primary care doctor.
See neruologist. Neurologist i think will good to treat muscle cramp in your from diabetes, also endocrinologist will be fine. Good luck. Thank you.