Can a fractured foot heal without a cast?

It can heal but more than likely it will heal with extra bone formation.
You might then have a bump in the area which may be problematic. Of course there is a good possibility of a painful nonunion where you would need a surgical procedure.

Dr. Leslie Aufseeser
Dr. Leslie Aufseeser
Dr. Adam Ringler
Podiatry

In brief: Foot Cast

Yes, but that depends on the location and type of fracture.
Some fractures will only need a special hard bottom shoe or sometimes nothing at all. Only a physician can tell you how to best treat your condition.

In brief: Foot Cast

Dr. Adam Ringler
Dr. Adam Ringler
Dr. Joseph Newman
The right treatment is very important, and different bones in the foot can require different treatments. See a podiatrist or orthopedist- if a fracture does not heal properly, it can cause arthritis, deformity, or not heal at all.
Dr. Payam Rafat
Podiatry

A cast is used to limit motion between the bone fragments.
Depending on the site of injury you may not need a cast. For fractured toes you may only need a buddy splint with a rigid surgical shoe. Some fractures can be immobilized with a rigid walking boot. Have it evaluated by your doctor and see what type of immobilization is best for you.

Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Payam Rafat
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Podiatry

Fractures can vary by location, severity and type.
Fractures tend to need stability and good nutrients with the absence of infection to heal. If it's a minor avulsion fracture, most heal in sturdy shoes or walking boot and do not need more adjunctive casting or surgery. I hope this helps, if so, please vote or follow me. Thanks and good luck!

Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. Wenjay Sung
Dr. William Forsythe
Board Certified, Emergency Medicine