How helpful might it be for me to get to the exact nature of my neck arthritis? One test that could be performed is a discogram. Other test availabe

Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Pain Management
In brief: Very
The first step in making you better is to discover the source of the pain.
Other prevalent causes of neck pain include facet joint arthritis, nerve injury or inflammation, and myofacial pain.

In brief: Very
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Richard Rosenthal
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: Nature?
Not sure if you're asking whether how severe your arthritis is or what caused it? Most neck arthritis are caused by osteoarthritis, you don't need fancy tests to diagnose that.
If you want to know severity, still not sure how that would help you unless you have an occupational injury case. Rarely rheumatoid arthritis can cause cervical spine disease but you don't need imaging to diagnose it.

In brief: Nature?
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Warren Strudwick
Board Certified, Sports Medicine