I have mod to severed neck arthritis. I've tried alleve & Advil (ibuprofen) to no avail? What anti inflammatory medications might work & what is the usual dose?

Dr. Mark Weston
Orthopedic Surgery - Spine
In brief: Tylenol (acetaminophen) and aleve
Aleve is 220mg twice a day take the tylenol (acetaminophen) between doses dont exeed recommended dose for either.

Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Mark Weston
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Anti-Aging Medicine
In brief: Diclofenac
Stronger NSAID than Motrin and aleve (naproxen).
Lowest dose of the generic is 25mg and can be taken once, twice, or three times a day. Max dose is 150mg a day. I would start at lowest dose and see if it helps. Remember, side effects increase with stronger anti-inflammatories. Opiates cause dependency, so that's not good either. Try voltaren gel, its diclofenac in gel form and doesn't go through gi.

In brief: Diclofenac
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. Soroosh Armandi
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Pain Management
In brief: Many options
There are dozens of nsaids available.

In brief: Many options
There are dozens of nsaids available.
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. David Rosenfeld
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Pain Management
In brief: Omega-3s
Nsaids are commonly used, so your regular doctor can presribed any one of the 20 or so available, but talk to him/her about omega-3 supplements.
Fish oil and/or flaxseed oil/ground really can help and dont come with the side effects and risks associated with the nsaids.

In brief: Omega-3s
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Paul Reynolds
Dr. Vikram Patel