I have mod to severed neck arthritis. I've tried alleve & Advil (ibuprofen) to no avail? What anti inflammatory medications might work & what is the usual dose?

Tylenol (acetaminophen) and aleve. Aleve is 220mg twice a day take the tylenol (acetaminophen) between doses dont exeed recommended dose for either.
Diclofenac. Stronger NSAID than Motrin and aleve (naproxen). Lowest dose of the generic is 25mg and can be taken once, twice, or three times a day. Max dose is 150mg a day. I would start at lowest dose and see if it helps. Remember, side effects increase with stronger anti-inflammatories. Opiates cause dependency, so that's not good either. Try voltaren gel, its diclofenac in gel form and doesn't go through gi.
Omega-3s. Nsaids are commonly used, so your regular doctor can presribed any one of the 20 or so available, but talk to him/her about omega-3 supplements. Fish oil and/or flaxseed oil/ground really can help and dont come with the side effects and risks associated with the nsaids.