I got my flu shot a few months ago now i'm sick with everything even a cough that hurts my back and chest. Should I go to the doctor?

Dr. Sue Ferranti

In brief: Probably...

The flu shot is not a live vaccine and is unlikely to be the cause of your symptoms.
Your cough can be due to many diagnoses so you need to see your doctor for diagnosis and treatment. A cough can lead to musculoskeletal discomfort that will resolve once the cough is gone.

In brief: Probably...

Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. PHILLIP KIM

In brief: Bronchial symptoms

Coughing can irritate the chest wall thus pain arises.
Have your doc take a look to make sure it's not something serious such as pneumonia.

In brief: Bronchial symptoms

Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. PHILLIP KIM
Dr. Douglas Arenberg
I agree with Dr. Kim, but I'd also add that this has nothing to do with your flu shot. Sometimes we get sick in spite of (NOT because of) having had an influenza vaccine. Influenza vaccine is still the best way to reduce your chances of getting the flu (that and washing your hands regularly).
Dr. Harris Cohen

The flu shot is effective against 3 types of flu -- it does not cover bacterial infections or other viral infections that can cause cough -- i would see your physician to help sort things out.

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Jonathan Jassey