I got the flu shot a few months ago, now i'm sick with everything but a temperature. My cough is hurting my chest and back. Should I go to the doctor?

Dr. Harris Cohen
The flu shot is effective against 3 types of flu -- it does not cover bacterial infections or other viral infections that can cause cough -- i would see your physician to help sort things out.

Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Harris Cohen
Dr. Sue Ferranti
In brief: Yes...
The flu shot is not a live vaccine so it is not likely to be the cause of your symptoms.
So, you need to see your doctor for evaluation and treatment.

In brief: Yes...
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Sue Ferranti
Dr. Alan Levine
In brief: Absolutely!!!!!!
Having received a flu shot does not protect you from other viruses and is not 100% protective against the flu.
Your doctor needs to examine you and determine what might be the cause of your cough and chest/back pain so that proper treatment can be prescribed.

In brief: Absolutely!!!!!!
Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Alan Levine
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Internal Medicine - Endocrinology
The flu shot might not have anything to do with how you are feeling now.
Go see your doc to see if you have a bacterial infection or something else. Good luck.

Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Quang Nguyen
Dr. Marsha Davis